When you need to contact DHL for customs clearance documents, there are several ways to do so. If DHL has sent you an email notification regarding your shipment, it may include contact information or a link to manage your shipment. Here's how you can proceed:
Check the Email Notification:
- Review the email you received from DHL regarding your shipment.
- Look for any contact details or a link that might direct you to their shipment tracking or management portal.
Use DHL's Website:
- Go to DHL's official website.
- Look for options like 'Track Your Shipment' or 'Manage Your Delivery'.
- Enter your tracking number to access shipment details.
- There may be options within the tracking details to contact DHL or request additional information.
Contact DHL Customer Service:
- If you can't find specific contact information in the email, you can reach out to DHL's customer service directly.
- Look for a 'Contact Us' section on their website.
- You may find phone numbers, email addresses, or a live chat service.
Visit a Local DHL Office:
- If online options are not yielding results, you can visit a local DHL office in person.
- Staff there can assist you in getting the necessary documents.
- When you get in touch with DHL, specifically request the documents needed for self-clearance. These typically include the commercial invoice, waybill, and a Transfer of Accountability Letter.
Remember, the process may vary slightly depending on your location and the specifics of your shipment. It's important to clearly state your intention to self-clear the items through customs to ensure you receive the correct documentation from DHL.